Monday, May 4, 2009

Meet friends at SpeedFerries disembarkment point (Dover)?

Hello,


Hope someone who uses regularly the SpeedFerries crossing between Dover-Boulogne can help. I have friends who've never been to England before, and I would like to meet them when they disembark from the ferry so they can follow my car for the rest of the trip. I know that when using the Eurotunnel, we get off straight on to the motorway and I wonder if there were any other way to agree on a meeting point. Thank you in advance.

Meet friends at SpeedFerries disembarkment point (Dover)?
I have never used the speedferry service but assume that it docks at the eastern docks and as far as I know all cars leave the docks on the same road. Unfortunately there are no easy maps to point you to on line but multimap might help a bit. Put in Dover and zoom in to 1:10,000.





There is a car park where you can stay for 20min (or it was last time I was there) for free. Where it is possible to meet.





If you approach Dover from the A2 (Jubilee Way) it swings out over the sea and comes back to land at a roundabout (joining onto the A20).





I think you get to the car park on the 3rd exit. It's where the coaches drop off passengers.





Your friend will come out of the terminal and will have to go back around the same roundabout to find you in the car park (going almost 360 degrees around). The 1st roundabout they come to once leaving the docks.





Sorry that's the best I can do. There's no where easy to meet up if you don't know the area and it'll leave you easy access back onto the A2 and out of Dover.
Reply:Thanks very much. I will confirm in April whether the car park is still there. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment